Wow. January has come and is almost gone – so quick. An “out with the old and in with the new” kind of month.
Nevertheless, it is Tuesday and that means “Lynn’s Tuesday Picture Prompt.”
Art(including pictures and images) should evoke an emotional response in those who are viewing them. That’s why art can leave such a long-lasting and poignant imprint within the depths of our psyche
Your challenge or writing prompt is this:
- what emotions or feelings get evoked or aroused in you when you look at this photograph taken by Lynn
Remember, the goal isn’t necessarily to tell me and others exactly what the picture is.
The creative goal for all of us is “what does the picture evoke in you; what emotion; feeling; memory or whatever it may be – what does it arouse in you and to share it that with others.“
Our Week 33 picture is again, pretty much what it shows. An old wooden gate found along the Bruce Trail in the Beaver Valley area of Ontario.
A few points to help along the way:
- write a post on your own blog and create a pingback to link back to the original post(this one)
- I’ll reblog your post on my blog when I get the notification
- write an original story; perhaps your own thoughts; maybe some poetry or even a simply one word response. Maybe even post that says “it does nothing; means nothing”
- regardless, whatever you write must encapsulate the emotion or feeling evoked or aroused in you from the picture
- no limit on the length(I guess)
- keep it a “family friendly” as possible(not looking to delete or not approve stuff)
Be sure to tag your responses with:
Looking forward to your thoughts!
— get outdoors; find inspiration; discover yourself —