Well, we made it through 2020 and are nicely rolling along into 2021. As with any new year, it’s time to let the past 12 months slip away and now look forward with great anticipation to bigger, brighter and better things ahead. Vaccines have started to roll out, thus providing some hope that 2021 will see the end or certainly a squashing of COVID.
I thought instead of a “welcome to the new year theme” picture to start, that it would be appropriate to start with something that brings me joy – a vacation picture.
Art(including pictures and images) should evoke an emotional response in those who are viewing them. That’s why art can leave such a long-lasting and poignant imprint within the depths of our psyche
Your challenge or writing prompt is this:
- what emotions or feelings get evoked or aroused in you when you look at this photograph taken by Lynn
Remember, the goal isn’t necessarily to tell me and others exactly what the picture is.
The creative goal for all of us is “what does the picture evoke in you; what emotion; feeling; memory or whatever it may be – what does it arouse in you and to share it that with others.“
Of the literally hundreds to choose from, I picked this one of the famous Peggy’s Cove Lighthouse in Nova Scotia.
A few points to help along the way:
- write a post on your own blog and create a pingback to link back to the original post(this one)
- I’ll reblog your post on my blog when I get the notification
- write an original story; perhaps your own thoughts; maybe some poetry or even a simply one word response. Maybe even post that says “it does nothing; means nothing”
- regardless, whatever you write must encapsulate the emotion or feeling evoked or aroused in you from the picture
- no limit on the length(I guess)
- keep it a “family friendly” as possible(not looking to delete or not approve stuff)
Be sure to tag your responses with:
Looking forward to your thoughts!
— get outdoors; find inspiration; discover yourself —