It’s Week 25 and the first “Lynn’s Tuesday Picture Prompt” for December.
I think for December, we’ll focus on Christmas and the holiday season. Seems appropriate to me.
Art(including pictures and images) should evoke an emotional response in those who are viewing them. That’s why art can leave such a long-lasting and poignant imprint within the depths of our psyche
Your challenge or writing prompt is this:
- what emotions or feelings get evoked or aroused in you when you look at this photograph taken by Lynn
Remember, the goal isn’t necessarily to tell me and others exactly what the picture is.
The creative goal for all of us is “what does the picture evoke in you; what emotion; feeling; memory or whatever it may be – what does it arouse in you and to share it that with others.“
For our Week 25 prompt, I’ve included two photos taken at the same event. These are from the CP Holiday Train as it passed through Parry Sound last year. Unfortunately, the event is cancelled this year.
A few points to help along the way:
- write a post on your own blog and create a pingback to link back to the original post(this one)
- I’ll reblog your post on my blog when I get the notification
- write an original story; perhaps your own thoughts; maybe some poetry or even a simply one word response. Maybe even post that says “it does nothing; means nothing”
- regardless, whatever you write must encapsulate the emotion or feeling evoked or aroused in you from the picture
- no limit on the length(I guess)
- keep it a “family friendly” as possible(not looking to delete or not approve stuff)
Be sure to tag your responses with:
Looking forward to your thoughts!
— get outdoors; find inspiration; discover yourself —
5 thoughts on “Lynn’s Tuesday Picture Prompt – Week 25”
Pingback: Holiday Train – a poem | ronovanwrites
Thanks so much for stopping by and the wonderful poem. I won’t get to re logging it until Thursday. So exciting!
Thanks so much Ronovan for participating. Sorry it took a few days to respond…..work gets in the way unfortunately. I’ll be reblogging your work later this morning(Wednsday) on my site.
Thanks again. A great addition to the prompt series.
Pingback: holiday train – The Lotus
Thanks Kenneth for the great addition to this weeks prompt. Sorry I haven’t responded sooner, but work gets in the way some times. I’ll be reblogging your haiku later this morning(Wednesday).
Thanks and hope to have you visit and participate once again.