Well, it’s Week 21 of “Lynn’s Tuesday Picture Prompt” and it is also election day in the United States, our neighbour to the south. While, not making this a political post, all I can say to our friends below the “49th parallel” is ..“choose wisely and good luck.”
Art(including pictures and images) should evoke an emotional response in those who are viewing them. That’s why art can leave such a long-lasting and poignant imprint within the depths of our psyche
Your challenge or writing prompt is this:
- what emotions or feelings get evoked or aroused in you when you look at this photograph taken by Lynn
Remember, the goal isn’t necessarily to tell me and others exactly what the picture is.
The creative goal for all of us is “what does the picture evoke in you; what emotion; feeling; memory or whatever it may be – what does it arouse in you and to share it that with others.“
Our Week 21 prompt was taken last New Years eve as the sun was setting over Georgian Bay, about 15 minutes from the “old homestead.” The ending of one time period combined with the anticipation and hope that the next day will dawn fresh with a clean slate for the future.
A few points to help along the way:
- write a post on your own blog and create a pingback to link back to the original post(this one)
- I’ll reblog your post on my blog when I get the notification
- write an original story; perhaps your own thoughts; maybe some poetry or even a simply one word response. Maybe even post that says “it does nothing; means nothing”
- regardless, whatever you write must encapsulate the emotion or feeling evoked or aroused in you from the picture
- no limit on the length(I guess)
- keep it a “family friendly” as possible(not looking to delete or not approve stuff)
Be sure to tag your responses with:
Looking forward to your thoughts!
— get outdoors; find inspiration; discover yourself —